- Barbara C. Jordan Elementary School
Update: Grab & Go Meal Program Starts Tuesday Only Pick-Up on June 2
UPDATED: May 19, 2020 to notify parents meal pickups will go to one day a week starting on Tuesday, June 2.
Meals available for ALL children of U. City Schools families through the entire summer.
Starting June 2, 2020, the District's Grab & Go meal program will scale back to one pickup per week on Tuesdays. The Tuesday pickup will include 21 meals - seven breakfasts, seven lunches and seven dinners. Starting in June, there will no longer be curbside pickups on Fridays.
- Pick-up times will remain the same: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- There will be only one pick-up day each week: Tuesdays
- On Tuesdays, families can pick up 21 meals for breakfasts, lunches and dinners to last each student for a full week.
- Pick-up locations remain the same: Barbara C. Jordan Elementary, Jackson Park Elementary, Pershing Elementary and Brittany Woods Middle Schools.
Pickups remaining for May and June are:
- Friday, May 22
- Tuesday, May 26
- Friday, May 29
- Tuesday, June 2
- Tuesday, June 9
- Tuesday, June16
- Tuesday, June 23
- Tuesdy, June 30
Other Details Remain the Same:
- All meals will be delivered curbside to vehicles and at marked sidewalk locations for walk-ups to honor public health recommendations on social distancing.
- Bring a grocery bag or small cooler to take food home for the day.
- Accommodations for food delivery can be made for families who are without transportation or unable to leave their homes. Contact Gary Spiller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curbside Pick-Up Option:
- Curbside pick up locations will be visibly marked by both signs and cones.
- Please stay in your vehicles when picking up your meals.
- Let the student services team know how many meals are needed by either:
1) writing the number of meals needed and making it visible through the passenger side windshield or
2) rolling down the window and verbally letting the team know.
- Open the trunk, and the requested number of meals will be delivered to the trunk.
- Walk-up lines will be clearly marked. Cones will serve as place holders in the lines and will be spaced 6-feet apart for social distancing.
- When you get to the first cone, let the student services team member know how many meals are needed.
- They will gather items for pick up and send you to a designated spot on-site to get the meals.
- After picking up meals, all children and families are asked to honor social distancing and refrain from congregating.
- All SDUC school buildings and playgrounds are closed to stakeholders.
- If you haven't done so already, all U. City Schools families have been asked to complete a simple online survey at www.ucityschools.org/MealsSupport to help us with planning and coordinating this support.
Please Note: The District's Grab & Go meal program is considered an essential service by St. Louis County officials. It is not restricted by the St. Louis County "Stay at Home" order which went into effect Monday, March 23. Families are allowed to leave their homes to pick-up the meals either by car or on foot during the Stay at Home order. See pick-up details below.
This plan abides by the guidelines in the Guidance for School Districts and Food Delivery document from the St. Louis County Department of Public Health. (Click here to read 3-page PDF last modified at 4:47 p.m. on April 8, 2020)