- Lieberman Learning Center
UPDATE: Grab & Go Meal Program Starts New Pick-Up Day Schedule the Week of April 6
UPDATED: April 9, 2020 with link to "Guidance for School Districts and Food Delivery." Will be further updated as needed
Please Note: The District's Grab & Go meal program is considered an essential service by St. Louis County officials. It is not restricted by the St. Louis County "Stay at Home" order which went into effect Monday, March 23. Families are allowed to leave their homes to pick-up the meals either by car or on foot during the Stay at Home order. See pick-up details below.
This plan abides by the guidelines in the Guidance for School Districts and Food Delivery document from the St. Louis County Department of Public Health. (Click here to read 3-page PDF last modified at 4:47 p.m. on April 8, 2020)
Meals available for ALL children of U. City Schools families
Starting the week of April 6, 2020, the District's Grab & Go meal program will scale back its pick-up days to Tuesdays and Fridays and expand service to include dinners on weekdays and meals on the weekends.
- Pick-up times will remain the same: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- There will only be two pick-up days a week: Tuesdays and Fridays.
- On Tuesdays, families can pick up breakfasts, lunches and dinners to last each student three days.
- On Fridays, families can pick up four breakfasts, lunches and dinners to last each student four days.
- Flynn Park Elementary will no longer be a pick-up site. Flynn Park families should go to nearby Jackson Park Elementary School to pick up their meals.
- The other pick-up locations remain the same: Barbara C. Jordan Elementary, Jackson Park Elementary, Pershing Elementary and Brittany Woods Middle Schools.
Pick-ups remaining for the week of March 30th are:
- Wednesday, April 1: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BCJ, FP, JP, Pershing and BWMS
- Thursday, April 2: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BCJ, FP, JP, Pershing and BWMS
- Friday, April 3; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BCJ, FP, JP, Pershing and BWMS
Other Details Remain the Same:
- All meals will be delivered curbside to vehicles and at marked sidewalk locations for walk-ups to honor public health recommendations on social distancing.
- Bring a grocery bag or small cooler to take food home for the day.
- Accommodations for food delivery can be made for families who are without transportation or unable to leave their homes. Contact Gary Spiller: email@example.com
Curbside Pick-Up Option:
- Curbside pick up locations will be visibly marked by both signs and cones.
- Please stay in your vehicles when picking up your meals.
- Let the student services team know how many meals are needed by either:
1) writing the number of meals needed and making it visible through the passenger side windshield or
2) rolling down the window and verbally letting the team know.
- Open the trunk, and the requested number of meals will be delivered to the trunk.
- Walk-up lines will be clearly marked. Cones will serve as place holders in the lines and will be spaced 6-feet apart for social distancing.
- When you get to the first cone, let the student services team member know how many meals are needed.
- They will gather items for pick up and send you to a designated spot on-site to get the meals.
- After picking up meals, all children and families are asked to honor social distancing and refrain from congregating.
- All SDUC school buildings and playgrounds are closed to stakeholders.
- If you haven't done so already, all U. City Schools families have been asked to complete a simple online survey at www.ucityschools.org/MealsSupport to help us with planning and coordinating this support.