Grab & Go Meal Program Update: Reducing to Jackson Park Site Only
UPDATED: May 26, 2021
As of June 9, 2021, Grab and Go food distribution will continue through the summer, but will be reduced to the Jackson Park School site only for registered .
If you are experiencing a food emergency, please call the District at 314-290-4045.
With the start of the new school year, The School District of University City’s Grab & Go Meal program is changing to adhere to new state requirements. As of Aug. 25, 2020, only students in grades PreK-12 who are currently enrolled in The School District of University City qualify for the Grab & Go meal program. Families may pick up 21 meals - seven breakfasts, seven lunches and seven dinners - for each student registered at www.ucityschools.org/MealsSupport.
Other details remain the same:
- Pick-up times: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pick-up locations: Jackson Park Elementary School (Note: Last day for Pershing site pick-up is June 2, 2021.)
- All meals will be delivered curbside to vehicles and at marked sidewalk locations for walk-ups to honor public health recommendations on social distancing.
- Bring a grocery bag or small cooler to take food home for the day.
- Accommodations for food delivery can be made for families who are without transportation or unable to leave their homes. Contact Gary Spiller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grab & Go Curbside Procedures
- Curbside pick-up locations will be visibly marked by both signs and cones.
- Please stay in your vehicles when picking up your meals.
- Let our team know the name of each student registered to receive the weekly meals by:
1) writing the student(s) name(s) and make it visible through the passenger side windshield or
2) rolling down the window and verbally letting the team know.
- Open the trunk, and the requested number of meals will be delivered, contact-free, to the trunk.
- Walk-up lines will be clearly marked. Cones will serve as placeholders in the lines and will be spaced 6-feet apart for social distancing.
- When you get to the first cone, let our team know the name of each student registered to receive the weekly meals.
- They will gather items for pick up and send you to a designated spot on-site to get the meals.
- After picking up meals, all children and families are asked to honor social distancing and refrain from congregating.
- All SDUC school buildings and playgrounds are closed to the public.
- If you haven't done so already, all U. City Schools families interested in participating in the Grab & Go meal program are required to complete a new simple online survey at www.ucityschools.org/MealsSupport.
- If you have any questions, please contact Gary Spiller at email@example.com.
Please Note: The District's Grab & Go meal program is considered an essential service by St. Louis County officials. It is not restricted by St. Louis County's "Stay at Home" order if enacted. Families are allowed to leave their homes to pick-up the meals either by car or on foot during the Stay at Home order.
This plan abides by the guidelines in the Guidance for School Districts and Food Delivery document from the St. Louis County Department of Public Health. (Click here to read 3-page PDF last modified at 4:47 p.m. on April 8, 2020)
For more information about this program and how community members can help support, please see the related article.