Self Care During Coronavirus? Absolutely! Here Are Some Resources
Self-care is critically important, even during a crisis.
The School District of University wants you and your family to be well both physically and in spirit. Below are links to help you maintain balance, perspective and a healthy mindset.
You don't have to go it alone, go to our Community Resources page for a complete list of local area providers offering assistance with mental health, housing, food insecurity and more.
- The New York Times: How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- The Washingtonian: 7 Meditation Tips to Help Combat Covid-19 Anxiety
- Child Mind Institute: How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute: Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Psychcentral: 30 Fun Things You Can Do If You’re Under Self-Isolation (Part 1)
- Psychcentral:30 Fun Things You Can Do If You're Under Self-Isolation (Part 2)
- Medium: COVID-19: Our Brains, Our Bodies, Our Trauma
- ACEs Community: Sheltering in Place: ACEs-Informed Tips for Self-Care During a Pandemic
- UNICEF: How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- PBS: 10 tips for talking about COVID-19 with your kids
- Mindful: A Quick, Calming Body Scan to Check in With Yourself
- Sunnybrook: COVID-19: Practical cognitive-behavioral strategies to manage your mental health
- Klammer: COVID-19: 100 Art Therapy Exercises
- CNN: Take a breath: How the simple act of meditative breathing helps us cope
- Every Tuesday, Mental Health America of Eastern Missouri sends out a free email newsletter called News You Can Use. Each week the newsletter provides subscribers with easy, useable tips to maintain well being. To sign up for the newsletter, go to www.mha-em.org, scroll to the bottom, and look for the sign-up form for the newsletter on the right.
- Alive & Well Communities is sharing "Daily Dos' updates on its Facebook Page (search for @AW Communities on Facebook). The updates give you Facebook live updates on ways to be well in mind and spirit during these tough times.