- University City High School
Superintendent Presents 2020-21 Health of a Lion School Re-Entry Plan
Updated: July 31, 2020 with Q&A sheet and press release
On July 30, in response to the rising cases of COVID-19 the District. with the anonymous approval of University City Board of Education, announced that the District will begin the 2020-21 school fully virtual with all students participating in online learning. School classroom buildings will not be open to students at least for the first quarter of the new school year.
To read the press release and a brief description of the plan, go to www.ucityschools.org/HealthofaLionRelease.
The School District of University City presented three Town Hall Meetings on July 22, 2020 to introduce plans for the opening of the 2020-21 school year. Superintendent Sharonica Hardin-Bartley presented the District’s plan to safely and kindly welcome students and staff back to school under the motto Health of a Lion.
Topics presented included:
- Maintaining health and safety amid COVID-19
- Learning options for students
- The development and rationale behind the plan
- Resources and support
- Questions and answers
A Q&A sheet is available at www.ucityschools.org/ReEntryQA
For more information, please review the full report:
Recommendations-for-School-Reopening (29-page PDF).
- More detailed information will be presented during the Summer/Fall 2020 Parent Cafes via Zoom. (Registration is required.)
- Parents and community members are also invited to join Superintendent Hardin-Bartley during her Zoom With the Superintendent meeting. (Registration is required.)
If you missed any of the July 22, 2020, Town Hall meetings, you may watch a recording of each session below:
9 a.m. Zoom Webinar:
Watch the video below on YouTube: 9 a.m. (1:33:38 minutes)
5 p.m. Zoom Webinar:
Watch the video below on YouTube: 5 p.m. (1:17:34 minutes)
6:30 p.m. In-Person Presentation in Jackson Park Gym:
Watch the video below on YouTube: 6:30 p.m. (55:55 minutes)
Brick and Click Academies: A brief overview of the plan
Watch the video below on YouTube: (4:04 minutes)