- Pershing Elementary School
Board Commends Student Accomplishments
District Students Recognized for Community Service Projects and Artwork
The School District of University City Board of Education met on Thursday, Oct. 18 and recognized several students for recent, noteworthy accomplishments. A total of eight middle school and high school students were commended for successful community service projects and award-winning artwork.
- TaeShia Johnson coordinated a personal care and cleaning items supply drive to support the homeless. Items were collected at the school through Oct. 12 and will be donated to Loaves and Fishes, St. Louis County’s longest operating family shelter.
- Mouhamed Ly aims to reduce disposable water bottles by purchasing a water bottle filling station for each elementary school in the District. As of Oct. 18, he is currently seeking funding and support.
- Lucy Rhoades is investigating the gender pay gap and is taking a look at St. Louis organizations that support pay parity.
- Alara Stewart is working towards the installation of a “Giving Garden” at Brittany Woods Middle School. The produce will be shared with refugee families in University City.