- Jackson Park Elementary School
Details Are Set for Class of 2021 Graduation and Senior Activities
Update Monday, May, 24, 2021: It's graduation day for the Class of 2021! You can view the commencment ceremony live from the high school stadium starting at 6 p.m. Click here:
It's getting to be that time of year when we celebrate the Class of 2021. Please see all of the details below. Please note, parents of the Class of 2021 must register here to attend graduation inside University City High School's stadium on May 24.
Cap and Gown and cords pickup
Wednesday, April 28, noon to 3 p.m.
Drive through pick-up will be out front of University City High School. All regalia should be ordered ahead of time. There is still time to order at Josten’s via www.thegraduationcenter.com. Students will also pick up a personalized star sign that they can bring to the car parade.
Senior teachers have details about exam dates and times.
Parent/Staff Car Parade for seniors sponsored by the UCHS PTO
Friday, May 14, 6 p.m. line-up & 6:30 p.m.
Seniors start arriving at 6 p.m. to park their cars along Balson Avenue and the circle in front of the high school. Students should arrive by turning east on Balson off of Hanley Road. They will be directed to a parking spot along the parade route. (One car per student/family, please.) Parents and staff participating/driving in the parade will begin lining up at 6 p.m. in the parking lot behind the old Cicero’s at Delmar and Kingsland. The car parade begins on Balson at 6:30 p.m. sharp. Students are asked to stay in their cars. Masks are required and physical distancing will be mandatory.
Materials Drop-off Celebration
Monday, May 17, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Seniors return all school materials (laptops, library books, equipment, etc.) via car or foot in front of the high school. There will be an ice cream truck and other entertainment.
Rehearsal, Pride Walk and yearbook distribution
Wednesday, May 19, 1 p.m.
- Seniors meet at the high school in their caps and gown. They will do a live rehearsal for the commencement ceremony. Afterwards, they will walk through the hallways in their caps and gowns to be saluted by their teachers. Please note, there will be no place to change clothes or store personal belongings. Yearbooks will be distributed.
Graduation for the Class of 2021
Monday, May 24, ceremony begins at 6 p.m. sharp in the UCHS stadium
In the weeks before
- Families of seniors must register here to attend here.
- Attendance inside the stadium is limited to immediate family of graduating families. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and the need to physically distance, we cannot accommodate extended family and friends.
- Families should consider the stadium setting and the needs of family members. For example, the stadium has multiple sets of stairs, limited handrails, and concrete seats. This may not be suitable for strollers, walkers and wheelchairs. If you are a parent and feel you will need to plan your seating ahead due to mobility issues, please contact Christopher Blumenhorst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note, the event will be livestreamed for anyone who cannot attend.
5 p.m. - For graduates
- Parents drop your graduate off at the Balson Avenue side door entrance of the High School.
- Students should already be dressed in their cap and gown and have their regalia.
- Students will be given a mask at the door and escorted to the gym where they will be physically distanced to prepare for the ceremony.
- Students should leave personal belongings at home, including purses, because there will be no place to store them and your student will not have access back into the building after the ceremony. 5 p.m. - 5:45.
- Parents/guestsTake a bathroom break if you can.
- Park your cars on the surrounding streets and walk to the stadium.
5 p.m. - For attendees
- Stadium doors open for families.
- Guests are asked not to congregate outside of the stadium.
- Wearing face masks is required to enter and remain in the stadium.
- Seating will be in the stands and attendees are asked to find a spot with at least three feet distance between their group and other groups.
- The stage will be located in the northeastern end zone. Every guest will have an unobstructed view of the stage.
- Guests are asked not to congregate with other groups inside the stadium to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Guests will not be allowed to leave and re-enter the stadium unless in an emergency situation.
- Processional begins
- Students will walk clockwise around the stadium track so everyone will get a chance to see the graduates.
- Remarks will be made by the school board president, superintendent, high school principal, valedictorian, salutatorian and class president.
- Each graduate will walk across the stage.
- All graduates will have a professional photo taken with their diploma after exiting the stage. Each graduate will receive one free 5x7 photo in addition to what families order on their own.
At the close of the ceremony
- Graduates and families will be asked to immediately exit the stadium.
- Guesta are not to linger in the stadium nor go down on the field to meet with the graduates.
- Families should arrange a place outside the stadium to meet up with their graduates.
- Families should proceed immediately to your cars.
- Ushers will be on hand and will kindly ask guests and graduates not to congregate outside the stadium.
After the ceremony
- Professional photographers will be taking photos during the ceremony. Each graduate participating at the Commencement Ceremony will receive one 5x7 courtesy of the school. To order any additional photos from Interstate Studios of st. Louis, please visit: https://interstatestudiostlouis.shootproof.com/gallery/14949313.