- Jackson Park Elementary School
Revised 2020-21 School Year Calendar Now Available
The revised and finalized 2020-21 school year calendar (Rev.031120) is now available by clicking the link for PDF or on the image to the right for JPG.
On Thursday, Dec. 12, The School District of University City Board of Education voted unanimously to approve the revised calendar.
The calendar was changed to comply with a new state law that mandates Missouri public schools to start no earlier than 10 days before the first Monday in September.
Earlier this fall, a volunteer committee of staff, parents and community members met to work through revisions to the calendar while also taking into account answers from a survey that was sent to all parents and staff in October. Below is a summary of the new calendar.
The approved 2020-2021 calendar maintains the following from previous years:
- Three early release days for professional development
- Four early release days for teacher record keeping
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving Break
- Two full weeks (10 school days off) for Winter Break
- One full week (5 school days off) for Spring Break
- Weather pending, the school year ends just prior to Memorial Day on Friday, May 28, 202
The approved 2020-2021 calendar has the following changes from previous years:
- The First Day of School is Monday, August 24, 2020
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held over two consecutive evenings with the day afterward being a day off for students and a Compensation Day off for teachers.
- The first semester concludes after winter break or Friday, January 15, 2021
- Staff professional development (PD) days will be conducted mostly before the start of the school year with fewer PD days during the school year:
- Five professional development days prior to the start of school
- Two professional development days throughout the school year
- Three early release days for professional development throughout the school year
Please note, the minimum state requirement for student contact hours is 1044 hours. In this new calendar, the District’s student contact hours will be as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 1115.25 hours
Brittany Wood Middle School: 1105.262 hours
University City High School: 1077.9112 hours
"I believe this calendar is an excellent solution that takes into account the needs of students, teachers and families," said Superintendent Dr. Sharonica Hardin-Bartley.