- Jackson Park Elementary School
Transition Week Is Coming Jan. 28 -30
They grow up quickly, don't they?
Transition Week helps our families and students get a better handle on those next big steps into Kindergarten, Middle School and High School, so everyone feels more comfortable and ready to move ahead.
The School District of University City will hold Transition Week Jan. 28 through 30. All University City families are invited to attend special orientation events at each school, starting at 6:30 p.m. and running until about 8 p.m. The week's schedule is as follows:
Tues., Jan. 28: for rising kindergartners at all of the below schools. (Please check the District's school boundary map to find which school you should attend.)
- Barbara C. Jordan, 1500 North 82nd Blvd. 63132
Including 5-7 p.m. BCJ Literacy Night for all families
- Flynn Park, 7220 Waterman 63130
- Jackson Park, 7400 Balson 63130
- Pershing, 6761 Bartmer 63130
Wed., Jan. 29 for rising sixth-graders:
- Brittany Woods Middle School, 8125 Groby 63130
Thurs., Jan. 30 for rising ninth-graders:
- "Get Your Prep On" at University City High School, 7401 Balson 63130
Enrollment for students new to the District will be open for the 2020-21 school year during Transition Week. Families of currently-enrolled students are asked to wait until early summer to update their registration through Tyler SISK12 Parent Portal.
For more information regarding registration and additional transition opportunities visit:
- www.ucityschools.org/Welcome (for rising kindergarten and other prospective families)
- www.ucityschools.org/SixthGrade (for rising sixth-graders planning to attend Brittany Woods Middle School)
- www.ucityschools.org/Freshmen (for incoming ninth-graders planning to attend University City High School)
- www.ucityschools.org/AtaGlance (For fact sheets on the District and its schools and programs)
Again, anyone from the University City community is invited to attend to learn more about University City Schools and its vision of Learning Reimagined, featuring rigorous, relevant and modern instruction in an environment that humanizes, personalizes and problematizes learning for all students.
Yard signs are available for families who would like to get the word out to the greater University City community. To obtain a yard sign, email email@example.com.