Welcome to Brittany Woods Middle School!
While moving up to sixth grade is an exciting time of transition, we realize that it's all new to you. That's why our entire school team is standing by to help you find your way. We can't wait to meet you! On the first day of school, please come ready to make new friends and to set new achievement goals. In turn, our bold promise to you is that over the next three years, we will help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to surpass your "first day" of middle school goals. When the time comes, you will be ready to move up to University City High School with a new purpose and with a new determination to reach higher and dream BIGGER! The future is yours and it all starts here!
We are open all summer, so please call the school directly at (314) 290-4280 if you have any questions.
- Meet our School 2020-21 Administrative Team
- Special Dates for 2021-22 Sixth Graders (C/O 2028)
- Parent Lab (for families of students currently in grades 5-8): Incoming 6th grade Special Summer Parent Lab - August 3rd, 6-7:30pm. Questions: Email Nikole Shurn)
- Virtual Incoming 6th Grade Transition Night (Archived video below / "5th Grade Parent Guide to Middle School" Presentation PDF)
- Transition Field Trip for Fifth Graders to Visit Brittany Woods: Week of March 8
- National Night Out & Back-To-School Rally: Tuesday, Aug. 3 (5-8 p.m. on Jackson Park School campus)
- Sixth Grade Orientation: Wed., Aug. 11 (Team Lincoln) & Thurs., Aug. 12 (Team Mizzou) - Teams will be shared with families by August 1.
(Click here for online registration for this in-person event, www.ucityschools.org/BW6thGradeOrientation)
- BW Open House and All-Student Walk-in Registration: Thurs., Aug. 19
- First Day of School: Mon., Aug. 23, 2021
- Sixth Grade Camp Wyman: Sept. 16-17 (Team Mizzou) and Sept. 30-Oct. 1 (Team Lincoln)
- Enrollment: Online enrollment process requires access to Tyler Parent Portal
- New U City families may begin with online preregistration through Tyler Parent Portal and following up with an enrollment appointment with the school registrar.
- Registration for course selection
- Incoming sixth-graders who attended a District elementary school register for courses at school the preceding Spring.
- New student families will select courses upon enrollment with the school registrar.