Welcome to Brittany Woods Middle School!
While moving up to sixth grade is an exciting time of transition, we realize that it's all new to you. That's why our entire school team is standing by to help you find your way. We can't wait to meet you! On the first day of school, please come ready to make new friends and to set new achievement goals. In turn, our bold promise to you is that over the next three years, we will help you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to surpass your "first day" of middle school goals. When the time comes, you will be ready to move up to University City High School with new purpose and with a new determination to reach higher and dream BIGGER! The future is yours and it all starts here!
We are open all summer, so please call the school directly at (314) 290-4280 if you have any questions.
- Meet our School Administrative Team
- Principal: Elliott Shostak
- Administrator Assigned to Sixth Grade: Ernest Carter
- Dean of Students & Instruction: Catherine Pautsch
- Administrator Intern: Solomon Knight
- Guidance Counselor Stanford Team: Rashaad Davenport
- Guidance Counselor Mizzou Team: Kellie Douglas
- School Social Worker: Allegra Grawer
- Registrar: Chantaine Coffman - Call (314) 290-4293 to schedule an appointment.
- Special Dates for 2019-20 Sixth Graders (C/O 2026)
- Transition Field Trip for Fifth Graders to Visit Brittany Woods: Tuesday, January 22 (Jackson Park and Pershing) and Thursday, January 24 (Barbara C. Jordan and Flynn Park)
- Incoming 6th Grade Information Night: Wednesday, February 6 (NEW DATE) 6:00 p.m. in the Gym
- Fifth Grade Field Day: April/May TBA
- Special Sixth Grade Walk-in Enrollment: May TBA
- All-Student Walk-in Registration: July 29 & 30
- National Night Out & Back To School Rally: TBA on McNair Campus
- Sixth Grade COMPASS Orientation: July 31 and August 1
- First Day of School: Tuesday, Aug. 13
- Sixth Grade Overnight Camp: Fall 2019
- Enrollment: ALL incoming sixth-grade students must "enroll" with updated information, even those who previously attended a District elementary school or Summer Learning Academy. Online enrollment process requires access to Tyler Parent Portal
- New U City families may begin by completing the Quick Registration Form (1-page PDF) and following up with an enrollment appointment with the school registrar either during one of the Walk-In Enrollment dates or by appointment during the summer.
- Registration for course selection
- Incoming sixth graders who attended a District elementary school will register for courses in Spring 2019.
- New student families are to meet with the school registrar during their enrollment process to register for classes prior to Registration Day.