Peachjar for eFlyer Distribution
Effective April 3, 2017, The School District of University City has transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery through our service provider, Peachjar.
In an effort to be more environmentally-friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, approved eflyers from schools and community organizations will be distributed through email on Peachjar Wednesdays. (Occasionally, time-sensitive Peachjar emails may be sent.)
Peachjar streaming of any or all schools is available through the "University City Schools" mobile app. Click here to learn more about the app.
Note to Parents: If you provided your email address to your school through Tyler SISk12 Parent Portal, a Peachjar account has been established for you, and you should have received an email from Peachjar with your login information for managing your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to log in to receive or view eflyers. However, you may choose to opt out through your Peachjar account - and not affect your other District notifications. If you do not have an email address, contact your school office to make special arrangements. If you are not receiving emails from Peachjar, click here to verify your contact information is up-to-date in Tyler Parent Portal or click here for Peachjar Parent FAQs including how to opt in or opt out without changing your Tyler Parent Portal contacts.
NOTE to Established District and School Partners (ie: PTOs and school-sponsored clubs): The District may upload on your behalf at no charge, upon District approval... simply email a PDF of your flyer to Peachjar@ucityschools.org for review. Remember to include the District logo or flyer disclaimer ("The School District of University City does not endorse and is not responsible for any business, services, or events advertised in this flyer."), as appropriate. Specify targeted audience and Peachjar Wednesday date for the eflyer distribution. Click here for administrative procedures regarding communications, flyers and social media. Initial request should be submitted for review by 10 a.m. Friday prior to the desired Peachjar Wednesday. The final version must be approved by 10 a.m. Tuesday prior to Peachjar Wednesday.
Note to Community Groups and Organizations: To request eflyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your eflyer will be emailed to parents on Peachjar Wednesday and posted online through the specific school's Peachjar. Paper flyers from community organizations should no longer be distributed by schools or the District.
- Review your flyer for accuracy (check for event title, sponsor, date, time, place, cost and contact information) and the inclusion of the following required disclaimer.
- "The School District of University City does not endorse and is not responsible for any business, services, or events advertised in this flyer." (For Peachjar direct uploads, this disclaimer is automatically attached.)
- Note UPDATE below.
- To upload flyer for review/approval, visit www.peachjar.com and click on Program Providers.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider or Community Organization (account type).
- If you are promoting a FREE event such as neighborhood meeting, Peachjar offers a "Free for Free" option to registered Program Providers. Email email@example.com to coordinate.
- Upload a PDF of eflyer by 10 a.m. Friday prior to the desired Peachjar Wednesday release to allow time for staff to review and corrections to be made (if needed) prior to approval. The final version must be uploaded for approval by 10 a.m. Tuesday prior to Peachjar Wednesday.
- We send all approved flyers on "Peachjar Wednesday." So, ALL flyers submitted for approval MUST be scheduled for an upcoming Wednesday posting date. If they are dated for release on any other day of the week or as "immediately," they will be denied with a reminder. Submitted eflyer must have a duration of only one (1) month with NO redistribution in order to maintain the integrity of the Peachjar Wednesday distributions, or they may be denied.
- All request will be automatically submitted to the District Communications office for review. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards. (Click here for administrative procedures regarding communications, flyers and social media.)
- Approved Peachjar Wednesday flyers will be emailed to registered parents and may be posted to the selected school's Peachjar as early as Tuesday evening, but no later than on Thursday, as Peachjar guarantees a 24-hour distribution after approval and will remain for the designated duration.
Please note: The fee that Peachjar charges for this service is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. The School District of University City does not receive any of this funding. All credit concerns must be coordinated directly with Peachjar.
ADA Compliance update for Peachjar eflyer creators: As of Feb. 20, 2018, Peachjar's digital content will comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A & AA standards, required of school districts by the Office of Civil Rights. Emails sent to parents through Peachjar and each school's Peachjar flyer page are now compatible with screen readers and other assistive technologies. In order to comply, flyer text will be copied into an editable text box and submitted flyers need to meet the following requirements:
1) Be 1-4 pages in length (how to send longer flyers)
2) Contain clear and legible text in size 12 font or larger*
3) Not scanned or copied document* (Note: this would also include images such as JPGs saved PDF)
4) If using embedded artwork (JPG/PNG/etc) as part of your flyer, ADA text must be edited to reflect information within the artwork.
5) Embedded links will no longer be supported
*Flyers that do not meet 2 or 3 CAN be distributed, but since the software may not recognize the text, you may be required to copy/paste or type the text into the description box.
If you have any questions regarding sending or receiving eflyers through Peachjar, please contact the Communications office at (314) 290-4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCitySchools Peachjar Links
Click on the school name below to access Peachjar site:
- Julia Goldstein Early Childhood Education Center
- Barbara C. Jordan Elementary School
- Flynn Park Elementary School
- Jackson Park Elementary School
- Pershing Elementary School
- Brittany Woods Middle School
- University City High School
(& Lieberman Learning Center)
These direct links are also available as a button and as a link under "Parents" on each school's home website page.