The School District of University City is a community that looks out for one another. Well-Being and Joy is a stated strategic priority in its vision of Learning Reimagined. Here is a list of community and regional resources to help with health and well-being.
School Social Workers:
The District employs a dedicated team of social workers to assist students, parents and caregivers with social, emotional and wellness needs. To contact them, call your student's specific school and ask for the social worker. Or, look them up by typing "social worker" in the online school directory.
- Behavioral Health Response: 314-469-6644
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-392-3738
- Crime Victims Advocacy Center: 314-652-3623
- Crisis Nursery: 314-768-3201
- Homeless Hotline: 314-802-5444
- KUTO (Kids Under Twenty-One) Kid to Kid Hotline: 1-888-644-5886 (Hours: 4-10 p.m.)
- Life Crisis/Suicide Hotline: 314-647-4357 (24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Poison Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Runaway and Troubled Youth Hotline: 1-800-786-2929
- Safe Connections (Women’s Crisis, Rape): 314-531-2003 (24/7)
- St. Louis County Public Health (COVID-19): www.stlcorona.com.
- St. Louis County Youth Helpline: 314-628-2929
- Senior and Disability Abuse Hotline: 1-800-392-0210
- Youth Emergency Services: 314-727-6294 or 1-800-899-KIDS
- Youth In Need: 636-946-3771 (24/7)
- The School District of University City provides free lunch and breakfast as needed during the school day for all students.
- Operation Food Search - Hunger Hotline 314-726-5355 (x3) - Directs callers to local food shelters
- Emergency Food Stamps/SNAP Program www.dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp
- Info Line: 855-373-4636 (x2)
- EBT Customer Service Line: 800-997-7777
- 3101 Chouteau 63103: 314-256-7000
- 4411 N Newstead Ave, 3rd Floor 63115: 314-877-2000
- Income Maintenance: 314-877-2400
- Meals on Wheels (must be over 60 or disabled) www.mowstl.org: 314-374-9549
- St. Louis Area Food Bank: 314-292-6262
- Has multiple food programs to meet food needs for a wide variety of students and families.
- WIC (Women, Infant and Child) www.wicprograms.org
- Supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children
- Hope Food Pantry (City of Light Church) - 8333 Fullerton Ave. 63132
- Grace UMC Food Pantry - 6199 Waterman Blvd. 63112: 314-863-1992
- Mercy Neighborhood Pantry has developed a list of resources (pantries) available in St. Louis County
- The St. Louis County Department of Public Health:
- United Way: 1-800-427-4626
- Urban League: 314-615-3640
- Salvation Army: 314-646-3000
- Ameren: https://uwgsl.tfaforms.net/4602908
- Spire: https://www.spireenergy.com/coronavirus
- MSD: https://msdprojectclear.org/customers/billing/customer-assistance-program/
- Charter: 1-844-488-8395 - Offering 2 months of free wifi for students.
- AllConnect internet providers: www.allconnect.com/
- For families without reliable home internet connections, the District provides hot spots.
Mental and Behavioral Health Services:
- Telehealth Behavioral Health Services for Youth (2-page PDF from St. Louis County Children's Service Fund with live links and phone numbers of Agencies committed to helping during this time, as of 032520.)
- Via TeleHealth (www.telehealth.com)
- Lutheran Family and Children’s Services of Missouri www.lfcsmo.org
- Already established services to continue at home
- Office at 9666 Olive Blvd. 63132 is open by appointment only
- Preferred Family Healthcare: 314-972-8182
- Hours: 10am to 5pm (intakes on site; services at home until school resumes)
- St. Louis County Public Health department recommends visiting www.stlcorona.com.
- Candice Cox- KHAOS: 314-898-6541
- By appointment at www.aainspirations.com
- Additional website links available at www.ucityschools.org/SelfCare2020
Clothing and Hygiene Supplies
- St. Louis Area Diaper Bank - diapers and period supplies: www.stldiaperbank.org
- School District of University City Boutique - free clothing, shoes, undergarments, coats and more for students and families in need: email@example.com
- Contact your school social worker for other resources
Contacting School Staff: