Welcome to the Ninth Grade Innovative Learning Center at UCHS!
As you embark upon the next phase of your education, please know that you are in very good company. You are becoming a part of University City High School's long-standing tradition of graduating students with the confidence, character, knowledge and skills required to excel in their chosen fields. The UCHS Hall of Fame is evidence of the fact that when you walk the halls, you are walking in the footsteps of men and women who have and are, in their own ways, positively impacting our world. Our bold promise to you is that by the time you graduate, you will be ready to take your place among them. Your personal journey to greatness starts here!
We look forward to your students joining us at University City High School, please contact us if you have any questions at (314) 290-4100.
- Meet our UCHS Administrative Team
- Principal: Michael Peoples
- Assistant Principal: Kimberly Austin
- Dean of Students: Samuel T. Martin IV, Ed.D.
- Guidance Counselor: Kim Merrill (with Last Names A-G), Johnson (with Last Names H-O) and April Money (with Last Names P-Z)
- School Social Worker: Christine Woodward
- Registrar: Robyn Murry - Call (314) 290-4115 to schedule an appointment.
- Ninth Grade Innovative Learning Center Believe in the U
- Special 2018-19 Dates for Freshmen Class of 2023
- See Our Schools Open House for prospective families - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, in Pruitt Library (with tours of the school)
- "Get Your Prep On" Parent Meeting for prospective freshmen - 6:30 p.m. (NEW DATE!) Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019 in Pruitt Library
- Rising 9th Grade Tours for current Brittany Woods students - Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019
- Rising 9th Grade Course selection - March 6 & 7, 2019
- Black & Gold Spirit Day - TBA
- Bridges to Tomorrow - 9th Grade Transition Program: June 2019
- "Get Your Prep On" College Bound Family Night - TBA
Meet UCHS staff; incoming freshmen and their families learn about high school life at the "U" and especially the Ninth Grade Innovative Learning Center from GPA to the importance of being involved. In case you missed us, see above link for the event's PowerPoint presentation.
- Special Freshman Walk-in Enrollment: TBA
- All-Student Walk-in Enrollment and Registration (all grades): TBA
- National Night Out & Back To School Rally: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 (Watch for event details to come)
- Freshman First Day and Orientation - August 2019 (Calendar event with details for Aug. 13, 2018)
- Enrollment: ALL entering freshmen must "enroll" with updated information. Online enrollment process requires access to Tyler Parent Portal.
- New U City families may begin by completing the Quick Registration Form (1-page PDF) at any time and following up with an enrollment appointment with the school registrar either during one of the Walk-In Enrollment dates or by appointment during the summer.
- Students enrolled at Brittany Woods Middle School or Summer Learning Academy during their 8th-grade year are to enroll Online through Tyler Parent Portal in early the summer, following the closing of the previous school year.
- Registration for course selection (Click here for online 2018-19 Career and Education Planning Guide)
- Freshman who attended Brittany Woods Middle School will register for courses on Feb. 25 and 26 during school hours.
- New student families are to meet with the school registrar during their enrollment process to register for classes prior to Registration Day.
- 2019-2020 Freshman Supply List (Click here)
- Be aware that each teacher may provide his/her unique list during the first week of school.