Welcome to the Ninth Grade Innovative Learning Center at UCHS!
As you embark upon the next phase of your education, please know that you are in very good company. You are becoming a part of University City High School's long-standing tradition of graduating students with the confidence, character, knowledge, and skills required to excel in their chosen fields. The UCHS Hall of Fame is evidence of the fact that when you walk the halls, you are walking in the footsteps of men and women who have and are, in their own ways, positively impacting our world. Our bold promise to you is that by the time you graduate, you will be ready to take your place among them. Your personal journey to greatness starts here!
We look forward to your students joining us at University City High School, please contact us if you have any questions at (314) 290-4100.
- Meet our UCHS Administrative Team
- Principal: Michael Peoples
- Assistant Principal: Kimberly Austin
- Dean of Students: Samuel T. Martin IV, Ed.D.
- Guidance Counselor: Kim Merrill (with Last Names A-G), Melvin Bond, Jr. (with Last Names H-O) and April Money (with Last Names P-Z)
- School Social Worker: Christine Woodward
- Registrar: Robyn Murry - Call (314) 290-4115 to schedule an appointment.
- Ninth Grade Innovative Learning Center Believe in the U
- Special 2019-2020 Dates for Freshmen Class of 2023
- See Our Schools Open House - Thursday, October 24, 2019, 6:30 pm in Pruitt Library (with tours of the school)
- "Get Your Prep On" Parent Meeting for prospective freshmen - Monday, January 30, 2020
- Rising 9th Grade Tours for current Brittany Woods students February 2020 (more details to come)
- Rising 9th Grade Course selection - March 2020 (more details to come)
- Black & Gold Spirit Day - Saturday, September 7, 2019 (more details to come)
- Bridges to Tomorrow - 9th Grade Transition Program: June 2020
- "Get Your Prep On" College Bound Family Night - Thursday, September 12th, 2019
Meet UCHS staff; incoming freshmen and their families learn about high school life at the "U" and especially the Ninth Grade Innovative Learning Center from GPA to the importance of being involved. In case you missed us, see above link for the event's PowerPoint presentation.
- All-Student Enrollment and Registration as follow:
- By appointment only. Call 290-4110 to set up your appointment.
- National Night Out & Back To School Rally: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 (Watch for event details to come)
- Freshman First Day and Orientation - Monday, August 12th, 2019
- Enrollment: ALL entering freshmen must "enroll" with updated information. The online enrollment process requires access to Tyler Parent Portal.
- New U City families may begin by completing the Quick Registration Form (1-page PDF) at any time and following up with an enrollment appointment. By appointment only at 290-4110.
- Students enrolled at Brittany Woods Middle School or Summer Learning Academy during their 8th-grade year are to enroll Online through Tyler Parent Portal in early the summer, following the closing of the previous school year.
- Registration for course selection (Click here for online Career and Education Planning Guide)
- Freshman who attended Brittany Woods Middle School will register for courses during school hours.
- New student families are to meet with the school registrar during their enrollment process to register for classes prior to Registration Day.
- Supply List
- Be aware that each teacher may provide his/her unique list during the first week of school.