Families Make Us Stronger
The District has many unique ways to include parents and families:
- School events: Watch your school calendar for dates when you or your family members can visit classes or attend school plays, musicals, concerts, art shows, student displays and more.
- School Community Organizations: There are two community organizations. One U. City is a community-parent organization representing the District's four elementary schools and its middle school. The group focuses on creating equal opportunities, equity and inclusion for all families. The University City High School PTO serves as a traditional PTO, providing numerous types of support and activities for students, staff, parents and caregivers.
- Annual all-district events: including a Trunk or Treat/Pumpkin Stroll, District-wide arts and music celebration nights, a STEAM Expo and the Growing Together spring celebration.
- State of the District: This annual community event is hosted by Superintendent Dr. Sharonica Hardin-Bartley.
- University City Board of Education meetings - Regular meetings are held once a month, typically on the third Thursday of the month.
- Volunteer opportunities as needed.