Families Make Us Stronger
The District has many unique ways to include parents and families:
- School events - Watch your school calendar for dates when you or your familly members can visit classes or attend schoool plays, musicals, concerts, art shows, student displays and more.
- Your school Parent Teacher Organizations - The PTOs include One U. City, a joint parent organization for all of the elementary schools that focuses on equal opportunities, equity and inclusion for all families.
- Annual all-district events - including a Trunk or Treat/Pumpkin Stroll, District-wide arts and music celebration nights, a STEM Expo and the Growing Together spring celebration.
- Community Ubuntu Circles - "I am because we are" is an African saying that stresses the power of community. Ubuntu circles are guiided community conversations that give everyone in the circle equal voice to discusss current isssues and mindsets particularly important to the University City Community.
- Annual State of the District - a community event hosted by Superintendent Sharonica Hardin-Bartley.
- Zoom with the Superintendent sessions - virtual community meetings with Superintendent Sharonica Hardin-Bartley designed for parents to ask questions and stay informed.
- University City Board of Education meetings - Regular meetings are held once a month, typically on the third Thursday of the month.
In this section, you will find important information to help you, whether you are enrolling a child, looking for information on how to volunteer, or searching for important support services for your student. We encourage you to use all the resources available. If you have further questions or suggestions, reach out to your school principal.