The School District of University City is organized and governed by a seven-member Board of Education, elected by the public to serve as the educational advocates of our community's youth. The voters of the District elect Board directors for three-year staggered terms, with two directors elected in two successive years and three directors elected every three years. All board members are elected at-large and serve without monetary compensation.
The Board of Education is responsible for:
- Assuring school district performance.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Adopting evaluation policies.
- Approving the school district's budget.
- Connecting with the community.
- Establishing goals and evaluating outcomes.