The School District of University City Board of Education
Front row from left are Kristine Hendrix, Dr. Lisa Brenner and Joanne Soudah. Back row from left are George Lenard, Tracy Gritsenko, LaVerne Ford-Williams, Chelsea Addison, and Whitney Huling.
The School District of University City is organized and governed by a seven-member Board of Education, elected by the public to serve as the educational advocates of our community's youth. The voters of the District elect Board directors for three-year staggered terms, with two directors elected in two successive years and three directors elected every three years. All board members are elected at-large and serve without monetary compensation.
The Board of Education is responsible for:
- Assuring school district performance.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Adopting evaluation policies.
- Approving the school district's budget.
- Connecting with the community.
- Establishing goals and evaluating outcomes.