U City Schools On The Move!
At the start of the 2017-18 school year, administrators in The School District of University City introduced our school community to a program to help identify a common vision for our District and set us on a path of improvement.
The 2018 Strategic Plan is a “rolling plan” for delivering immediate results and for projecting three to five years into the future.
By the time the Strategic Plan is complete, teachers and students on all grade levels will be fully engaged in “Learning Reimagined.” (More information is available at www.ucityschools.org/LearningReimagined.)
As of fall 2018, the Strategic Plan has been streamlined to include a vision, mission, guiding principle and five strategic priorities and initiatives (SPIs). The SPIs are targeted to academic success in five parts:
1) creating a modern learning experience,
2) recruiting quality teachers,
3) teacher and student well-being,
4) best use of partner talent and
5) resources and fiscal responsibility.
Follow our movements as we continue our progression to the completion of the Plan:
- The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has announced that SY2017-18 Annual Performance Review scores are to be released on February 1, 2019, with some specific test results available in January. Meanwhile school teams are in action customizing improvement plans and key elements of the new Strategic Plan. Their plans are being refined for presentation to the community in February. Watch for more details to come.
- The District’s 2018 Strategic Plan was presented to the Board of Education to be reviewed during the March 8, 2018, work session. Click here to read more.
- Thank you to all of those within our community who took part in our Strategic Planning community meetings in October 2017. Your comments were helpful as we move forward in setting new goals to better serve our students.
- The community is invited to attend our State of the District Community Meeting on Monday, February 25th, 6-7:30 p.m. in the UCHS Pruitt Library, 7401 Balson Ave. 63130 (use Jackson Ave. entrance). This meeting will provide an overview of the District, including our financial outlook, accreditation status, state testing results and new initiatives.
“You can see the Strategic Plan in action across the District,” Superintendent Sharonica Hardin-Bartley says. “Our teams, administrators and Board members stand firmly committed to providing and achieving nothing less than excellence. The lines of communication remain open. Thank you for your continuing feedback!”