Brittany Woods Building History
Brittany Woods School was originally built as a junior high and named for the nearby subdivision. Designed by William B. Ittner during the city’s peak population growth, it opened in 1955.
The 2009 Prop. U bond issue supported the building of a new library media center and classroom addition that opened in 2011 when sixth-graders joined the middle school population. Additional renovations funded by the bond issue include offices, science labs and new lockers.
Photo courtesy of University City Public Library Archives circa 1955.