Jackson Park Building History

  • Sharing Italian Romanesque details with University City High School, Jackson Park Elementary School was designed by architects Hugo K. of Washington University and Wilber Tyson Trueblood. The school was named for the nearby park and opened in 1933 with small additions by architect William Ittner in 1952.

    In 2009, the voters in University City approved a $53 million bond issue that included interior renovations and a new cafeteria, kitchen and gymnasium completed in 2011.

    Photo courtesy of University City Public Library Archives circa 1933.