Barbara C. Jordan Building History
It opened in 1952 as Daniel Boone Elementary, designed by architect William B. Ittner. In 1996, it was renamed Barbara C. Jordan after the distinguished African American U. S. Representative from Texas. In 2009, the voters in University City approved Prop U, a $53 million bond issue, to included construction of a new LEED-certified school building. Due to construction in 2009-11, students were temporarily relocated to the McNair Building on Groby Road.
Photos courtesy of University City Public Library Archives... above circa 1960; left circa 1930.