Flynn Park Building History
Built in a “Craftsman style,” Flynn Park Elementary School opened in 1924 to replace Creveling Temporary School. It was named for the adjacent park and the city’s mayor Warren C. Flynn, who established the park system in University City. In 2009, the voters in University City approved a $53 million bond issue that included interior renovations and a new cafeteria addition completed in 2011.
Photo circa 1924 courtesy of University City Public Library Archives