If you have additional recommendations for this page, please email email@example.com.
The Peace Place
Parenting, teaching, working, learning, daily life, sudden change and even positive growth can sometimes be stressful. The Peace Place gives you toolsfor relaxation, mindfulness and calm. We hope you find these resources helpful as you take time for important self care.
Disclaimer: The following links are are not intended as psychological interventions or as a substitute for psychological treatment. If you are in need of psychological please seek the consultation of a licensed mental health professional.
The followings resources are curated using information and links from a variety of local and national organizations. This information is not meant to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
- Change to Chill: www.changetochill.org
- Health Powered Kids: healthpoweredkids.org
- EmPower U Videos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xeDcPBD5Fk&list=PL8-5_qvWm74mXoOroX8YH7xw_uU6M4ASX
For Families & Staff:
- District Support:
- Good Reads for coping with COVID-19:
- Activities for Children and Adolescents During Social Distancing: www.nctsn.org
- Responding to Loss and Change: resources.finalsite.net
- The New York Times: How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- The Washingtonian: 7 Meditation Tips to Help Combat Covid-19 Anxiety
- Child Mind Institute: How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute: Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Psychcentral: 30 Fun Things You Can Do If You’re Under Self-Isolation (Part 1)
- Psychcentral:30 Fun Things You Can Do If You're Under Self-Isolation (Part 2)
- Medium: COVID-19: Our Brains, Our Bodies, Our Trauma
- ACEs Community: Sheltering in Place: ACEs-Informed Tips for Self-Care During a Pandemic
- UNICEF: How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- PBS: 10 tips for talking about COVID-19 with your kids
- Mindful: A Quick, Calming Body Scan to Check in With Yourself
- Sunnybrook: COVID-19: Practical cognitive-behavioral strategies to manage your mental health
- Klammer: COVID-19: 100 Art Therapy Exercises
- CNN: Take a breath: How the simple act of meditative breathing helps us cope
- Every Tuesday, Mental Health America of Eastern Missouri sends out a free email newsletter called News You Can Use. Each week the newsletter provides subscribers with easy, useable tips to maintain well being. To sign up for the newsletter, go to www.mha-em.org, scroll to the bottom, and look for the sign-up form for the newsletter on the right.
- Alive & Well Communities is sharing "Daily Dos' updates on its Facebook Page (search for @AW Communities on Facebook). The updates give you Facebook live updates on ways to be well in mind and spirit during these tough times.
For Staff:Acknowledgment to district196org's Virtual Calming Room for the creation of this and associated web pages.