Self Care During Coronavirus? Absolutely! Here Are Some Resources
Self-care is critically important, even during a crisis.
The School District of University wants you and your family to be well both physically and in spirit. Below are links to help you maintain balance, perspective and a healthy mindset.
You don't have to go it alone, go to our Community Resources page for a complete list of local area providers offering assistance with mental health, housing, food insecurity and more.
- The New York Times: How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- The Washingtonian: 7 Meditation Tips to Help Combat Covid-19 Anxiety
- Child Mind Institute: How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute: Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Medium: COVID-19: Our Brains, Our Bodies, Our Trauma
- ACEs Community: Sheltering in Place: ACEs-Informed Tips for Self-Care During a Pandemic
- UNICEF: How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- PBS: 10 tips for talking about COVID-19 with your kids
- Mindful: A Quick, Calming Body Scan to Check-in With Yourself
- Sunnybrook: COVID-19: Practical cognitive-behavioral strategies to manage your mental health
- Klammer: COVID-19: 100 Art Therapy Exercises
- CNN: Take a breath: How the simple act of meditative breathing helps us cope
- Every Tuesday, Mental Health America of Eastern Missouri sends out a free email newsletter called News You Can Use. Each week the newsletter provides subscribers with easy, useable tips to maintain well-being. To sign up for the newsletter, go to www.mha-em.org, scroll to the bottom, and look for the sign-up form for the newsletter on the right.
- Action for Happiness: Monthly Calendar (register for monthly email)
- Alive & Well Communities is sharing "Daily Dos' updates on its Facebook Page (search for @AW Communities on Facebook). The updates give you Facebook live updates on ways to be well in mind and spirit during these tough times.
- Fingerprint for Success: 9 Mindfulness Exercises
- Nursing License Map: 2021 Mental Health Resource List
- IvyPanda: Yoga for Your Brain: Exercises for Body & Mind
If any of these links no longer work or you have a recommendation of a link to add, please email email@example.com.