National Night Out / Back-to-School Rally 2022
Booth and volunteer registrations are OPEN for our
Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2022 event!
Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2022 • 5-7 p.m.
Jackson Park School Campus, 7400 Balson Ave. 63130
The University City community is invited to help kick off the new school year at its annual National Night Out and Back to School Rally.
Hosted by the University City Police Department and The School District of University City, this year's theme is
Safe at School - Safe at Home.
This event is free and open to the public.
It is presented by the University City Police Department and The School District of University City.
This year, we anticipate providing free food, hair cuts, immunizations, school supplies, and lots of fun!
Student athletic physicals may be available at minimal cost at time of service.
Masks are required.
Want to Donate/Sponsor/Support?
- Click here for Police Department's letter (PDF updated May 2022)
- Click here for Superintendent's letter and donation form (PDF updated May 2022)
Both financial support and school supply donations are always welcome! The University City Police Department relies on donations to cover the cost of food provided during the event. The school district appreciates donations of school supplies or financial support to help offset event costs of activities and give-aways. Any overages of donated items are distributed to students in need after the start of school.
Pack The Bus: A school bus will be available during the event to receive donations of clothing, food, personal care items and school supplies for school district students and families. Click here for a list of specific items needed. These items are needed throughout the school year, so if you missed this drop-off opportunity, please email email@example.com or call (314) 290-4045.
Want to Volunteer? Click here for Online Event Volunteer Registration (www.ucityschools.org/NNOBTSRVolunteer)
NEEDED: Face painters, barbers, hair stylists and other adult or high school student volunteers. Your assistance is needed to help with the various activities being planned to provide a great experience for all. T-shirts are available for volunteers who register by 8 a.m. Mon., June 27. Additional volunteers are always welcome, but event shirts are not guaranteed for late volunteers. Volunteers will be contacted prior to the event regarding assigned volunteer opportunities and t-shirt pick up.
Want to register for a Booth Table? Click here for Online Booth Table Reservation Form (www.ucityschools.org/NNOBTSRBooth)
Registration deadline for booths is 9 a.m. Mon., July 18 (or when limited spots are filled, whichever comes first). For a successful event, the following information is provided for those seeking booths:
- Booth table rental is FREE, but space is limited. (Once we reach capacity, registrants will be put on a waiting list.)
- Booth set-up begins an hour prior to event (4 p.m.) to be prepared for visitors following opening ceremony scheduled for 5 p.m. - Booths are asked to not engage with guests until after the opening ceremony. Please encourage them to gather near the bandstand until after opening ceremonies.
- Participants are asked to provide services and giveaways related to the event themes. The theme is "Safe at School, Safe at Home."
- In keeping with this event being FREE - participants may not sell food, products or services at the event, however PTOs and school-sponsored clubs/organizations may solicit memberships.
- A table and two chairs are provided for each group. Electricity is not available. (If you have your own tent and table, please let us know.)
- Participants are responsible for cleaning up and returning the space to its original condition.
- The event committee reserves the right to reject any application or restrict any activity.
- If you need to cancel, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 a.m. Wed., July 20 - there will be others waiting for your spot. There will be a $50 charge for any booth that is registered, confirmed and not set-up/manned the day of the event.
An email will be sent to confirm booth participation at least one week prior to event.
Unregistered solicitations are NOT permitted.
Event questions, especially regarding donation/sponsorship/support, please contact the office of Student Services at 314-290-4045 or email@example.com. For volunteer or booth concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.