Knowing where you are going is half the battle.
The services offered to you by the Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) program in The School District of University City extend beyond the classroom. Achieving your HiSet or enhancing your ESL skills are just the first steps toward increasing your earning potential and job opportunities - it is our mission to ensure that you are also able to access all of the college and career readiness resources available to you as a result of your accomplishments.
Did you know:
- The School District of University City will sponsor students to attend a one-credit hour college course at St. Louis Community College upon completion of your HiSet at no cost to you.
- You may be eligible to receive up to a $10,000 Grant from the Missouri Career Center towards the cost of your post-secondary education.
- No-cost training is available to join the skilled workforce as a truck driver, phlebotomist, pharmacy technician, or avionics mechanic in two months or less.
- Transportation assistance, job uniforms resume creation, or assistance with childcare is available so that you can attend school or go to work.
Whether your goal is to find a livable wage job, change jobs, continue your education, or just identify your skills and interests, the University City AEL Program will be there with you every step of the way with individualized and hands-on support to navigate through the process and access all of the resources available to you. Call us at (314) 290-4052 today to schedule an appointment with a Transition Specialist!
Please note that you must be enrolled in one of the University City AEL programs in order to be eligible for this service.
Please take a few minutes to check out the links below to learn more about other resources available to you.
- Want to learn about the job outlook, average pay, and educational requirements for your career of choice? Check out www.mynextmove.org.
- Interested in taking free career assessments and creating an action plan for your goals? Go to www.moconnections.org.
- Short term investment with big payoff! Check out the surprising findings of the earning potential from area training programs: www.stltoday.com/business/columns/jim-gallagher/how-to-get-a-skill-and-a-decent-paying-job
- What do you know about employability certifications? Learn how the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate increases your value to potential employers at www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/UsingWorkKeysScores.pdf and call the Missouri Career Center at (314) 381-6700 to register for the WorkKeys Assessment and obtain your certificate. Video www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NMYxJTPgc
- Are you low-income, first-generation college-ready and at least 19 years old? See how HEC of Metropolitan St. Louis can serve you. Visit http://www.heccstl.com
- Access comprehensive skills-based training, focused individual employment planning, accessible career development and placement services, and personal financial education/transportation services at www.metcenterstl.com
- Learn more about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in Motion at www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsIjfm1HmMs
Help us build and develop stronger community support and increase awareness of our educational excellence. To join the Advisory Board and for more information, call (314) 290-4052.
We thank you in advance for your interest and willingness to make our program better.