Sharing Information with Communications
Got great news to share? Wondering what kind of information would make a good news story? Stop!
We’ll take the “wonder” off your hands. If it’s interesting to you, we’re interested! Determining what to pitch to media and how to handle information you have regarding student achievement, student activities, special events, etc. is what we do. All you need to do is send us the basics along with pertinent contact information and we’ll do the rest.
- Quick ONLINE TIP Submision Form: bit.ly/UC-GoodNewsTips
- GENERAL NEWS and photos: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need some ideas about what to send to us? Think about this:
- Are you having a special visitor to your classroom?
- Do you know of students who have won an award or been recognized for a particular accomplishment?
- Do you have information about academic awards and achievement?
- Do you have information about athletic awards or achievement?
- Do you know of student organizations that are doing great things or have special projects or events coming up?
- Is there a field trip in your future?
- Is there a special activity occurring in your building — Pajama Day, Family Night, Chili Cook Off?
- Is there a colleague who has a unique and interesting story — hosting a charitable event, going on a safari, reaching a milestone?
- Is there a special activity that you do every year to mark a special occasion—Red Ribbon Week, Go Red for Heart Health, Testing pep rally?
- What are the annual events that occur in your building—concerts, fairs, art shows, Moms and Muffins, Dads and Donuts, Arbor Day, Earth Day?
- Do you have information that showcases teaching and learning in a unique way?
Ask yourself these questions:
- As a parent, would I find this interesting?
- As a community member, would I want to know about this?
- As an employee, would my colleagues need to know this information?
- As a student, would I be proud to see this?
- Will it make someone smile?
- Will it make someone think highly of our District?
- Will it make community members feel welcome and part of the District?
Remember...if it’s interesting to you; we’re interested!