Board of Education Announcement
During the to COVID-19 building closures, the University City Board of Education Work Sessions and Regular Meetings will be conducted virtually on Zoom until further notice.
- Instructions including upcoming Zoom access and Citizen Comments are available at www.ucityschools.org/BOEZoom2020.
- More school board information including agendas, minutes and more, is available at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.
The next Board of Education work session is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. on Thurs., June 4, 2020.
This meeting will be conducted via ZOOM and will be open to the public in real-time. Watch for a link to come.
The School District of University City is organized and governed by a seven-member Board of Education, elected by the public to serve as the educational advocates of our community's youth. The voters of the District elect Board directors for three-year staggered terms, with two directors elected in two successive years and three directors elected every three years. All board members are elected at-large and serve without monetary compensation.
The Board of Education is responsible for:
- Assuring school district performance.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Adopting evaluation policies.
- Approving the school district's budget.
- Connecting with the community.
- Establishing goals and evaluating outcomes.
Board meeting schedule, agenda and minutes are available at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.