Board of Education Announcement
During the to COVID-19 building closures, the University City Board of Education Work Sessions and Regular Meetings will be conducted virtually on Zoom until further notice.
- Instructions including upcoming Zoom access and Citizen Comments are available at www.ucityschools.org/BOEZoom2020.
- More school board information including agendas, minutes and more, is available at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.
The next Board of Education work session is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. on Thurs., Oct. 1, 2020.
See details above for Zoom registration and citizen comments.
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Board Work Session
This meeting is being held virtually via Zoom
SUPERINTENDENT REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
1.01 New and/or Revised Policies
1.02 University City High School 2020 Senior Exit Survey Update
1.03 Special School District (SSD) Substitute Contract
1.04 MyScholar, LLC, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
1.05 Elementary School Redesign Update
1.06 Re-entry Update
1.07 Facilities Update
2.01 Board of Education Budget
2.02 Missouri Amendment 3
2.03 Gallup CliftonStrengths Survey Results
3.01 Citizen Comments
4.01 Call to Order
4.02 Approval of Closed Session
4.03 Approval of Executive Session Agenda
4.04 Approval of Executive Session Minutes
4.05 Executive Session Item(s)
4.06 Adjournment of Executive Session
The School District of University City is organized and governed by a seven-member Board of Education, elected by the public to serve as the educational advocates of our community's youth. The voters of the District elect Board directors for three-year staggered terms, with two directors elected in two successive years and three directors elected every three years. All board members are elected at-large and serve without monetary compensation.
The Board of Education is responsible for:
- Assuring school district performance.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Adopting evaluation policies.
- Approving the school district's budget.
- Connecting with the community.
- Establishing goals and evaluating outcomes.
Board meeting schedule, agenda and minutes are available at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.