Enrollment Checklist

  • Mother enrolling child at Flynn Park Elementary

    All new kindergartners, students moving into University City and students transitioning between schools should enroll at the school they will attend this coming school year. 

    Students entering a new school or entering kindergarten (age 5 years old by Aug. 1), sixth and ninth grades are required to submit full proof of residency (see below). At the elementary schools (grades K-5), please see the school secretary to enroll your child. (Click here for Elementary School Locator App link and PDF of elementary boundary map poster.) At Brittany Woods (grades 6-8) and the High School (grades 9-12), see the registrar to enroll.

    You may download and complete a Quick Registration Form (1-page PDF) prior to visiting the school. The School District of University City will also host several enrollment dates throughout the school year for parents to enroll their children. During the summer, please call the school office for an enrollment appointment. (Click here for more information about Online Enrollment.)

    Parents should contact the school secretary regarding additional forms that may be required for enrollment at each site.

    Note: Elementary school offices are open for enrollment during the school day from 9 a.m. to Noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. During the summer, elementary school offices are closed and on-site enrollment resumes at the end of July, please call your school to schedule a summer appontment for enrollment. Parents wishing to enroll or re-enroll at the middle school or high school should call the school registrar at the respective school to make an enrollment appointment.

    Checklist of Documents Required at Enrollment
    Click here to view or download the 1-page PDF with checklist information.
    When enrolling your child, bring the following documentation with you:

    • Child's Birth Certificate
    • Child's Immunization Record (complete from infancy required by State)
      (Click here for immunization requirements)
    • Photo Identification of parent or guardian (driver's license or employment photo identification badge) along with Proof of Guardianship if other than custodial parent
    • University City Occupancy Permit must list name of parent or guardian and student (Contact University City City Hall at (314) 505-8500 for more information.)
    • PLUS, two of the following:
      • Current unpaid utility bill (electric, gas, water, trash, sewer)
      • Current lease
      • Personal property tax receipt (previous year)
      • Real estate tax receipt (previous year)
      • Current Paycheck stub identifying employee name and address (less than a month old)
      • Voter registration card (current address)
      • Property deed

    Additional Requirements for Out-of-District Students
    If the child you are enrolling previously attended a school outside of the School District of University City, the following documents or information will also be required.

    • Last report card for children enrolling in kindergarten through eighth grade and unofficial transcript of children enrolling in ninth through twelfth grades
    • Withdrawal form from previous school (if issued) *
    • Discipline report * (Placement of report in a sealed envelope from previous school/district will expedite enrollment.)
    • Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Evaluation (if serviced by Special School District or out-of-area equivalent)

    *Required by the Missouri Safe Schools Act (HB 1301 & 1298 & SB 944)


    • For nonresident students, tuition rates will be charged, which vary according to grade level and are subject to change.
    • The School District of University City actively investigates and prosecutes cases of educational larceny. Do not enroll a child at an address that is not the child's legal residence. 
    • As of August 18, 2005, Yhe School District of University City no longer requests, requires, stores or records Social Security numbers of students.

    If you have any questions regarding enrollment procedures or you are uncertain as to which school is your neighborhood school, contact the District office of Student Services at (314) 290-4045 or 8136 Groby Road, 63130.