The A+ Scholarship Program provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools. Students are encouraged to enroll in the A+ Program during their freshman year. Enrolling in the program early allows students and parents to receive regular information on the A+ Program from the A+ Coordinator. Students may sign up at any time between grades nine and eleven. Seniors must enroll in the A+ program no later than January of their senior year due to the need to complete fifty required hours of tutoring/mentoring.
A+ Student Eligibility
- Meet A+ requirements and you may be eligible for state-paid financial incentives for a college education.
- Sign A+ Program Agreement forms.
- Graduate with a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- A+ Alternative to the Algebra I EOC Requirement for 2018 Seniors—please note the final paragraph in the message body.
- Maintain at least a 95 percent cumulative attendance record in grades 9-12.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring/mentoring to other students.
- Maintain a good record of citizenship. (in alignment with UCHS citizenship requirements
- A+ Agreement Form
For more information, contact:
Linda Pritchard, UCHS A+ Coordinator