About Our School
Mission: We Put Our Heart Into All We Do
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment for our children.
- Meet or exceed local, state, and national goals in a rigorous student centered, technology enriched learning community.
- Build strong alliances with community stakeholders.
- Accept and embrace diversity and insist upon respect for all.
- Instill pride in students, staff, community, and alumni.
- Jackson Park Pride for students, parents, staff, and our surrounding community
- Creating a sense of belonging at Jackson Park
- Clear and effective communication
- Academic and Social Emotional Focus on every child
Jackson Park Building History
Sharing Italian Romanesque details with University City High School, Jackson Park Elementary School was designed by architects Hugo K. of Washington University and Wilber Tyson Trueblood. The school was named for the nearby park and opened in 1933 with small additions by architect William Ittner in 1952.
In 2009, the voters in University City approved a $53 million bond issue that included interior renovations and a new cafeteria, kitchen and gymnasium completed in 2011.
Photo courtesy of University City Public Library Archives circa 1933.