The first day of school for the School District of University City’s 2023-24 school year is scheduled for Monday, August 21, 2023
You can see the District calendar here.
- New families or new students: Make sure you are fully enrolled prior to the first day of school.
- Returning students: You must update the Parent Portal prior to the start of the first day of school to ensure that your household and student information is up-to-date and correct.
- School Supplies: Click here to check your child’s school supply list.
- All families: Make sure your children’s required immunizations are up to date. You can find state public school vaccine standards and other information at www.ucityschools.org/Immunizations. If you have any questions, contact Lead Nurse Pat Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All families: Attend the U. City National Night Out /Back-to-School Rally on Tuesday, August 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. outside Jackson Park Elementary School.
Catch up with school staff; get vital information from dozens of community partners; receive free school supplies, backpacks, school immunizations, haircuts, food and refreshments; play games; line dance; and more.
- Kindergarten families: Make sure your child attends the Jump Start to Kindergarten orientation program on July 31-Aug. 2 at his or her elementary school. The half-day program includes fun activities to acclimate your child to the school setting. More details at www.ucityschools.org/JumpStart.
- Students entering ninth grade: Make sure to attend your half-day orientation on Friday, August 18: Meet the principal, school dean, staff and teachers; socialize; get a tour of the building; and more.
- Preschool and elementary families: Keep an eye out for emails from your principals regarding individual special events prior to the start of the first day of school. (Click here school socials planned for Aug. 10-18, 2023)