An Honor Like No Other!
Meet the 2021-22 Hall of Fame Inductees
Eleven outstanding alumni have been accepted into the University City High School Hall of Fame for 2021-22.
Click here for the full news release.
Click here for link to YouTube video of the 2021-22 induction ceremony
The 2021-22 selected inductees are:
- Kathryn (Pierce) Banks, ’93, a lawyer dedicated to providing fair representation to children and families dealing with the family court system.
- Jennifer (Roman) Boykin, ’82, the first woman president of a $4 billion-a-year shipyard that produces atomic aircraft carriers and submarines.
- MSG Donavan "Donny" Nelson Butler, US Army, Retired, ’89, a 29-year veteran of the U.S. Army who led the fight for civil rights and equity for his fellow servicemen of color while in the military establishment.
- Reena Goldthree, ’99, an assistant professor in the Department of African American Studies at Princeton University specializing in the history of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Linda "Cookie" (Dickson) Jones, ’83, a devoted local volunteer and champion of University City and University City Schools.
- Daniel Kaufer, ’77, (deceased), a neurologist specializing in the humane treatment of patients and families dealing with Alzheimer's Disease and dementia.
- Earl Kessler, ’59, An internationally renowned architect specializing in housing and sustaining communities in some of the most vulnerable places in the world.
- David Levi, ’77, An internationally recognized glassmaker.
- Helene (Wagman) Sherman, ’62, A professor of mathematics education who has authored dozens of textbooks and articles and helped generations of teachers improve their skills.
- Richard Stack, ’70, Pioneering founder of a food bank and communications specialist who has used his skills to write books and produce a documentary advocating for the end of the death penalty.
- Stephanie Williams-Nelson, ’77, a dancer, Hollywood actress and soap opera star who now advocates for children.
Rescheduled to October 14, 2022
University City High School
7401 Balson Avenue • University City, MO 63130
Heavy Hors D’oeuvres & Silent Auction
Reception 5:30 p.m.
Program 6:45 p.m. in UCHS Auditorium
~ Cocktail Attire ~
Advance Tickets Only - No At-Door Admission
Purchase tickets online via Eventbrite* (uchshof2022.eventbrite.com)
$50 per person (or to sponsor a student) by September 14
After September 14, $75 per person. RSVP by October 3
Gold Contributor: $100 per person by September 14
(sponsorship of a student attendee & notation in the program)
Event sponsorships are available. For more information, email email@example.com.
For inclusion in the program, donations are due by September 19.
*Service fees apply when using Eventbrite. If a check or cash option is needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to each of the above deadlines.
LINKS for more information:
- News Release: June 7, 2021 PDF
- To be added to the mailed (deadline Aug. 1, 2022) or emailed invitation list
- List of past inductees and link to individual bios.
- Nomination Information - deadline for the next induction cycle is last Friday in January 2023.
- Opt-in to receive information from the District including future alumni events, visit www.ucityschools.org/StayConnected.
- Questions: Call Communications Office at (314) 290-4016 or email email@example.com