An Honor Like No Other!
Meet the 2021 Hall of Fame Inductees
Eleven outstanding alumni have been accepted into the University City High School Hall of Fame for 2021.
Click here for the full news release.
The 2021 selected inductees are:
- Kathryn (Pierce) Banks, ’93, a lawyer dedicated to providing fair representation to children and families dealing with the family court system.
- Jennifer (Roman) Boynkin, ’82, the first woman president of a $4 billion-a-year shipyard that produces atomic aircraft carriers and submarines.
- MSG Donavan "Donny" Nelson Butler, US Army, Retired, ’89, a 29-year veteran of the U.S. Army who led the fight for civil rights and equity for his fellow servicemen of color while in the military establishment.
- Reena Goldthree, ’99, an assistant professor in the Department of African American Studies at Princeton University specializing in the history of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Linda "Cookie" (Dickson) Jones, ’83, a devoted local volunteer and champion of University City and University City Schools.
- Daniel Kaufer, ’77, (deceased), a neurologist specializing in the humane treatment of patients and families dealing with Alzheimer's Disease and dementia.
- Earl Kessler, ’59, An internationally renowned architect specializing in housing and sustaining communities in some of the most vulnerable places in the world.
- David Levi, ’77, An internationally recognized glassmaker.
- Helene (Wagman) Sherman, ’62, A professor of mathematics education who has authored dozens of textbooks and articles and helped generations of teachers improve their skills.
- Richard Stack, ’70, Pioneering founder of a food bank and communications specialist who has used his skills to write books and produce a documentary advocating for the end of the death penalty.
- Stephanie Williams-Nelson, ’77, a dancer, Hollywood actress and soap opera star who now advocates for children.
Postponed to Spring 2021
Friday evening, October 1, 2021
Ceremony to be held at University City High School
More details to come.
Click here to be added to the 2021 mailed or emailed invitation list
LINKS for more information:
- News Release: June 7, 2021 PDF
- Coming soon: PDF of Announcement/Invitation
- To be added to the 2021 mailed or emailed invitation list (deadline TBD)
- List of past inductees and link to individual bios.
- Nomination Information - deadline for the next induction cycle is last Friday in January 2023.
- Opt-in to receive information from the District including future alumni events, visit www.ucityschools.org/StayConnected.
- Questions: Call Communications Office at (314) 290-4016 or email email@example.com