An Honor Like No Other!
Meet the 2019 Hall of Fame Inductees
15 alumni have been accepted into the Hall of Fame for 2019.
Click here for the June 2019 news release.
The 2019 selected inductees are:
- Herbert Abelson, ’58, celebrated medical researcher, pediatrician and leader in academic medicine
- David Bass, ’08, NFL linebacker with the New York Jets and community volunteer
- Gregg Berger, ’68, internationally-known actor, voice-over artist and author
- Allieze Ruby Curry, ’71, educator and academic leader in the St. Louis Community College system
- Gale Epstein, ’64, avant-garde lingerie fashion designer and cutting-edge business leader
- Hadiyah-Nicole Green, ’99, physicist, cancer researcher and founder of the Ora Lee Smith Cancer Research Foundation
- Sheldon Kaplan, ’65, pediatrician and educational leader in the study of infectious diseases
- Carol Kaplan-Lyss, ’59, educator, child development expert, author and community volunteer
- The late Zale Kessler, ’56, Broadway and screen actor and operatic star
- Lester Pines, ’68, legal pioneer, educator and community service leader
- David Prelutsky, ’72, medical doctor and leader in HIV research and treatment
- Stephen E. Schwartz, ’59, chemist and researcher in atmospheric science and climate change
- Mary Beth Tinker, ’70, community leader and social activist
- Jim Olyn Triplett Jr., ’96, educator and community volunteer
- Michael “Spike” Wilner, ’84, musician and legendary New York City club owner
The Committee is still in process of organizing for the
Induction Ceremony: Friday, October 4, 2019
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel
900 Westport Plaza Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146
Invitation and more details to come.
Click here to sign up online to be added to the 2019 invitation list by June 28, 2019.
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Homecoming Saturday Activities:
10 a.m. - Homecoming Parade
(Theme and Float Participation Form to come)
Noon - Visit the Hall of Fame inside UCHS
(Free and open to the public - no registration required)
1 p.m. - Homecoming Football Game Kick Off
University City Lions VS Soldan Tigers
($5 adults & $3 children at the gate. ID required for middle and high school students to receive discount.)
LINKS for more information:
- 2-page PDF of the 2019 HOF News Release distributed 061219
- To be added to the 2019 mailed or emailed invitation list (deadline June 28, 2019)
- List of past inductees and link to individual bios.
- Nomination Information - deadline for next induction cycle is last Friday in January 2021.
- Questions: Call Communications Office at (314) 290-4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.