The University of Missouri - School of Medicine offers an exciting and informative summer experience for high school students interested in a career in medicine. MU’s High School Mini Medical School is a one-week program that gives students a preview of life as an MU medical student. The program includes:
- Hands-on experience in anatomy, suturing, and clinical skills
- Introduction to MU’s innovative patient-based learning (PBL) curriculum
- Seminars on college and medical school entrance and medical school life
In addition, students will attend special sessions with clinical and research specialists and have meaningful interactions with current medical students, faculty and staff of the School of Medicine.
Mini Med School is intended for students who will begin their senior year in the fall of 2018. The following are requirements to apply:
- 1. Application
- 2. High school transcript (at least five semesters) sent by high school
- 3. Test scores (ACT, PreACT, SAT or PSAT)
- 4. Science teacher’s recommendation
Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Cost to of attendance is $600 with scholarships available. Please help us reach students who you believe will particularly benefit from this type of experience.
Interested high school juniors can find more application information at our website https://medicine.missouri.edu/education/pre-med-outreach-programs/mini-medical-school/. Applications will be available by January 12, 2018 and should be submitted electronically.
The application deadline is March 1, 2018.