Fall 2020 Grab & Go Meal Program Updates for November and December
UPDATED: Oct. 19, 2020
With the start of the new school year, The School District of University City’s Grab & Go Meal program is changing to adhere to new state requirements. Beginning on Aug. 25, only students in grades PreK-12 who are currently enrolled in The School District of University City for the 2020-21 school year qualify for the Grab & Go meal program. Families may pick up 21 meals - seven breakfasts, seven lunches and seven dinners - for each student registered at www.ucityschools.org/MealsSupport.
Beginning Nov. 4, the Grab & Go meal distribution day changes to Wednesdays.
Other details remain the same:
- Specific distribution days:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18
- Tuesday, Nov. 24 (Note: Schools closed for Wed. Nov. 25 for Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Wednesday, Dec. 2
- Wednesday, Dec. 9
- Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Grab & Go Meal distribution will be suspended while schools are closed during Winter Break - Dec. 23 & Dec. 30.
- Pick-up times: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pick-up locations: Barbara C. Jordan Elementary, Jackson Park Elementary, Pershing Elementary and Brittany Woods Middle Schools.
- All meals will be delivered curbside to vehicles and at marked sidewalk locations for walk-ups to honor public health recommendations on social distancing.
- Bring a grocery bag or small cooler to take food home for the day.
- Accommodations for food delivery can be made for families who are without transportation or unable to leave their homes. Contact Gary Spiller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Nations Church hosts Thanks-Giveaway:
All Nations Church in University City is hosting their third annual Happy Thanks-Giveaway to distribute 100 Turkey Dinners to local families. The first 100 registered families who qualify will be eligible to receive the meals being distributed on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - Noon to 2 p.m. at All Nations Church, 7860 Olive Blvd. University City, MO 63130.
Pre-register at www.ucityschools.org/AllNations112120 is required to be eligible. Deadline for registration is Friday, Nov. 20. Families selected for the giveaway will receive confirmation before the distribution date. Please do not show up at the site, unless you have received direct confirmation after submission of the online form.
For more information regarding All Nations Church's Thanks-Giveaway, please contact email@example.com or (314) 696-0055.
Grab & Go Curbside Procedures
- Curbside pick up locations will be visibly marked by both signs and cones.
- Please stay in your vehicles when picking up your meals.
- Let our team know the name of each student registered to receive the weekly meals:
1) writing the student names and making it visible through the passenger side windshield or
2) rolling down the window and verbally letting the team know.
- Open the trunk, and the requested number of meals will be delivered to the trunk.
- Walk-up lines will be clearly marked. Cones will serve as place holders in the lines and will be spaced 6-feet apart for social distancing.
- When you get to the first cone, let our team know the name of each student registered to receive the weekly meals.
- They will gather items for pick up and send you to a designated spot on-site to get the meals.
- After picking up meals, all children and families are asked to honor social distancing and refrain from congregating.
- All SDUC school buildings and playgrounds are closed to the public.
- If you haven't done so already, all U. City Schools families interested in participating in the Grab & Go meal program are required to complete a new simple online survey at www.ucityschools.org/MealsSupport.
- If you have any questions, please contact Gary Spiller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: The District's Grab & Go meal program is considered an essential service by St. Louis County officials. It is not restricted by St. Louis County's "Stay at Home" order if enacted. Families are allowed to leave their homes to pick-up the meals either by car or on foot during the Stay at Home order.
This plan abides by the guidelines in the Guidance for School Districts and Food Delivery document from the St. Louis County Department of Public Health. (Click here to read 3-page PDF last modified at 4:47 p.m. on April 8, 2020)