The first day of school for the School District of University City’s 2022-23 school year is scheduled for Monday, August 22, 2022
You can see the District calendar here.
- New families or new students: Make sure you are fully enrolled prior to the first day of school.
- Returning students: You must update the Parent Portal prior to the start of the first day of school to ensure that your household and student information is up-to-date and correct.
- All elementary families: Check your child’s school supply list.
- Pershing Elementary School parents do not have to purchase supplies.
- University City High School supply lists are provided by teachers during the first week of school based on course needs.
- All families: Make sure your children’s required immunizations are up to date. You can find state public school vaccine standards and other information at www.ucityschools.org/Immunizations. If you have any questions, contact Lead Nurse Pat Wilson at email@example.com.
- All families: Attend the U. City National Night Out /Back-to-School Rally on Tuesday, August 2 from 5 to 7 p.m. outside Jackson Park Elementary School.
Catch up with school staff; get vital information from dozens of community partners; receive free school supplies, backpacks, school immunizations, haircuts, food and refreshments; play games; line dance; and more.
- Kindergarten families: Make sure your child attends the Jump Start to Kindergarten orientation program on August 2 to 4 at his or her elementary school. The half-day program includes lunch and fun activities to acclimate your child to the school setting. More details at www.ucityschools.org/JumpStart.
- Students entering sixth grade: Make sure to attend your Transition Day on a date to be determined soon.
- Students entering ninth grade: Make sure to attend your half-day orientation on Friday, August 19: Meet the principal, school dean, staff and teachers; socialize; get a tour of the building; and more.
- Preschool and elementary families: Keep an eye out for emails from your principals regarding individual special events prior to the start of the first day of school.