Board of Education Announcement
The next Board of Education work session is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. on Thurs., Sept. 5, 2019, in the McNair Administration Board Room located at 8136 Groby Road, University City, MO 63130. Click here for more information including agenda, minutes and more, posted at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.
The School District of University City is organized and governed by a seven-member Board of Education, elected by the public to serve as the educational advocates of our community's youth. The voters of the District elect Board directors for three-year staggered terms, with two directors elected in two successive years and three directors elected every three years. All board members are elected at-large and serve without monetary compensation.
The Board of Education is responsible for:
- Assuring school district performance.
- Hiring and evaluating the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Adopting evaluation policies.
- Approving the school district's budget.
- Connecting with the community.
- Establishing goals and evaluating outcomes.
Board meeting schedule, agenda and minutes are available at www.ucityschools.org/BoardDocs.