After two major community meetings and core team meetings punctuating months of preparation and planning, the District’s comprehensive Strategic Plan is scheduled to be presented to the Board of Education in February 2018. Click headline to read more.
Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program (TOP) helps middle school students build social emotional learning at Brittany Woods Middle School. Click headline to read more.
Home Works!, the engagement program that coordinates dynamic home visits between parents, teachers and former educators, recently hosted more than 40 families at the first of two family dinners at UCHS for this year’s freshman class. Click headline to read more.
“Everyone looks forward to Genius Days!” That’s according to Barbara C. Jordan Principal Shenelle DuBose who says the concept of turning the school into a high level think tank has helped make the school’s monthly half-day a whole lot of fun. Click headline to read more.
Jan. 12, 2018 U. City MLK Celebration - FULL Event Video (1 hour) - #UCMLK18
Senior Important Information
Caps and Gowns Can be purchased via Herff Jones packet (provided to all seniors) or online at www.highschool.herffjones.com.
Senior Gear Can be ordered/purchased from the UServe Office, room 123 and the business Office.
Prom Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Windows on Washingto. Must have 90% or better attendance to attend
Are you a high school Junior or Senior in need of a Prom Dress? then join Rich Girls Real Women INC Saturday, March 3rd 10 am-4pm for an all FREE event. Please click on the link for details, FOR PROM IN ST. LOUIS 2018
Graduation May 14, 2018 at the Chaifetz Arena. No tickets are required
After-Grad Party Lock In Monday, 5/14-5/15 at The Heights
SENIOR AD FOR THE YEARBOOK for more details please click on link Prices
Announcements January 16th-22nd
* Women Empowerment club meet Wednesdays in Ms. Goodbrake’s classroom, room 324. For more information, please contact Ms. Goobrake or Whitney Huling.
*Birthdays Shout outs through the announcements or social media will be $1. See Ms. McNeal or Mr. Amerson during A and B lunches.
*The Yoga Club meets every Tuesday, in the dance studio.
*Board game club meets Thursdays in room 114 after school.
*STUCO store will be open during A and B lunches.
* GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) will be meeting Thursdays at 2:30pm in the guidance office. If you are interested in learning more about GSA please join our meetings on Thursdays or see Mrs. Woodward in the guidance office.
*If you are interested in acting or working on a short film please come to the Broadcasting club Thursdays after school or see Mr. Stuart room 348.
*Anime meets in room 348 every Wednesday
*Step team meets Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in room the indoor track. For more information see Mr. Parrish in room 111 or Ms. Berin in room 115. There are no more practices until January 9th. Please have your contracts into Mr Parrish in room 111 or Ms. Berin in room 115 ASAP.
Sophomores need to know: want to order, please click on the link for more information and ordering form 2020 Apperel
Seniors and Juniors:
*Are you a high school junior or senior in need of a Prom dress? Then join this FREE event on Saturday, March 3rd 10-4pm, Selfie Salon 12340 Natural Bridge Rd. More details, please click on the link PromStl%20RGRW%20030318%20.jpg
* TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR YOU TO HAVE YOUR OWN PAGE IN THE 2018 YEARBOOK! PLEASE SEE MRS. WILLIAMS IN ROOM L-306 TO BUY YOUR SENIOR AD! DON’T FORGET TO ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK!!!
* This Wednesday, College Jam Sessions will resume from 2:30 – 4 pm. We will be working on scholarship applications and college essays. See Ms. Gibson or Ms. Hogan for details.
*Attention all U-City Artists! The guidance Office needs your help with the artwork for our THIRD ANNUAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER BILLBOARD! This year’s theme is… The Sky’s The Limit! Please see Ms. Hogan for more details.
*Seniors, this Friday is the last day to register for the February 10th ACT. See Ms. Gibson or a guidance counselor to register for the test.
*Spare Change for 2018 Senior’s Legacy. The senior class is asking everyone to help line our hallways with spare change. Every week this change will be collected and eventually go toward the legacy that the 2018 senior class will be leaving to University City High School. A symbolic “dropping of the first coin” ceremony will be held on tomorrow during B lunch. For more information and to participate, see Kelsi Bryant, senior class president or Ms. Pritchard in the UServe Office.
* Juniors and Seniors - Prom is April 28, 2018. In order to attend prom you must have 90% or better attendance.
* All seniors, we are looking for your baby / toddler pics. Your pics will be displayed and other student will guess who it is. Please bring a paper copy to Mr. Amerson.
* If you are working on college applications, scholarship finding or raising your ACT score, come to the College Jam Sessions on Wednesdays after school in the Guidance Office. Please see Ms. Hogan or Ms.Gibson for details.
Any Seniors interested in speaking with these schools, please see Ms. Hogan in the Guidance Office.
Student Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteering%20Opportunities.docx or for more information and to sign up for any of the activities above, please see Ms. Pritchard in the UServe office in room 123.
*National Honor Society is collecting items for the St. Louis Crisis Nursery. Seminar classes are to go to their website http://crisisnurserykids.org/get-involved/wish-list . They take new and used stuff, so our students can donate a toy they do not use anymore or a jacket that does not fit. The top three seminars will be awarded after collection is over. Please let Ms. Meyer or Ms. Ertmann know if you have questions, or if your box is full and needs emptied.
School Upcoming Events:
*All studentsare invited to attend the 23rd Annual AFJROTC Military Ball on Saturday, February 3rd at the Clayton Plaza Hotel from 7-11 pm. Tickets are $25 and are on sale now until Friday January 26th in room 21.
*Juniors can sign their banner during A & B lunches. If you miss the opportunity please see Denise Washington or Cheyenne Poland.
*TUF meeting today during seminar today, 1/17. Please report to the library at 10:30am.
* In 2018, every Friday is Black and Gold at UCHS.
* U-Lead will be starting to meet today Wednesday, 1/17 at 10 am in room 125. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We are still looking for students to join Students on the Go! See Mr. Ashley in Room 236 if you are interested in running the Go! St. Louis Half-Marathon is in April. Training is 3 days a week after school and Saturday mornings.
* The yearbook wants your selfies! Please send your selfie ASAP to Micah Leonard at email@example.com
* Below is a link to our basketball webstore through Johnny Mac's Sporting Goods. We will have other links forthcoming for our other winter sports (cheer, girls swim, wrestling, and dance); check our website for more information (https://www.ucityschools.org/Page/597). Link to webstore: https://universitycityboysbasketball.itemorder.com/sale?read_message=true. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of your items. Contact our rep, Tommy Self, with any questions. 314-966-6097 ext.1176.
School Assemblies: TBA
PBIS * The school store has changed to Wednesday. Don't forget to bring your Pride Bucks to lunch every Wednesday to spend them at the school store.
New website includes Peachjar electronic flier distribution. Click on the Peachjar button below.
Click here for more information.
U City Student Art Extravaganza Exhibit - Feb. 7-28, 2018
U. City Public Library Gallery, 6701 Delmar (West end of Loop), U. City, MO 63130.
All-District student art exhibit and 6p Feb. 8 opening reception are free and open to the public.
Grace Deitzler, UCHS C/O 2013, is profiled in Missouri S&T Magazine for her research in women's health. She is a research scientist in the Washington University in St. Louis Lewis Lab of Microbial Glycobiology and Women’s Health. Deitzler wants to be a Ph.D. scientist and physician unlocking the secrets to treating infectious diseases. Click on the headline to read more.