The ACLU of Missouri, in collaboration with The School District of University City, is hosting community meetings regarding student discipline. The ACLU-MO’s next meeting: Navigating School Discipline Workshop in partnership with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is scheduled for Tues., April 10. Click headline to read more.
The Brittany Woods Environmental Club launched a new, school-wide recycling program sponsored in part by a grant from the St. Louis County Department of Public Health. Click headline to read more.
Join us in congratulating middle and high school music students and their directors for outstanding performances during the 2018 MSHSAA Large Ensemble festival. Click headline to read more.
A Spring Break Message from our Superintendent
Senior Important Information
Caps and Gowns Can be purchased via Herff Jones packet (provided to all seniors) or online at www.highschool.herffjones.com.
Senior Gear Can be ordered/purchased from the UServe Office, room 123 and the business Office.
SENIOR AD FOR THE YEARBOOK for more details please click on link Prices
Event Date Location/Time
Senior Photos-optional March 28 & 29 more information soon
Senior Six Flags Trip April 3 (tickets $30) 8:30 am-1:30 pm
Prom April 28, 2018 7pm, Windows on Washingto.
Must have 90% or better attendance to attend. Students will not be allowed to attend PROM if they miss school on April 27 - no exceptions. If you have questions, please see ms. Woodward in the guidance.
Senior Finals May 2, 3 & 4 more information soon
Senior/Faculty Basketball Game May 4 1:15 pm, gym
Awards Night May 7 by invite, 7pm
Senior Activities Day May 7, 8 & 9 more information soon
Graduation Rehearsal May 9th (morning) Chaifetz Arena
Senior Assembly May 9th 1:15 pm, Chaifetz Arena
Graduation May 14 7pm, Chaifetz No tickets are required
After-Grad Party Lock In Monday, 5/14-5/15 The Heights (Tickets for purchase through PTO soon)
If you have additional questions, please call the main office at 314-290-4100, or the Senior Sponsor Ms. Pritchard at extension 2102
Announcements March 19th-26th
* U-Lead will not be meeting this Wednesday, 3/25. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org. Will meet next Wednesday, 3/28.
* Are you interesting in uplifting women? Well come out to the women empowerment meeting 2:35-4pm on a Wednesday, in Ms. Goodbrake’s classroom, 324. All discussions and activities will focus on self-love. Small refreshments will be provided. If you have further questions, speak to Ms. Goodbrake or Whitney Huling (Hugh-ling). WE@UCHS meets every 2 weeks.
*Birthdays Shout outs through the announcements or social media will be $1. See Ms. McNeal or Mr. Amerson during A and B lunches.
*The Yoga Club meets every Tuesday, in the dance studio.
*Board game club meets Thursdays in room 114 after school.
*STUCO store will be open during A and B lunches.
* GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) will be meeting Thursdays at 2:30pm in the guidance office. If you are interested in learning more about GSA please join our meetings on Thursdays or see Mrs. Woodward in the guidance office.
*If you are interested in acting or working on a short film please come to the Broadcasting club Thursdays after school or see Mr. Stuart room 348.
*Anime meets in room 348 every Wednesday
*Step team meets Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in room the indoor track. For more information see Mr. Parrish in room 111 or Ms. Berin in room 115.
*TREND meets in the Library after school. For dates check with Ms. Reed.
Sophomores need to know: TBA
Seniors and Juniors:
*Seniors, tickets for the April 3rd trip to 6 Flags will go on sale Thursday, March 22. Tickets will cost $30.00 and can be purchased from the business office, room 225 and the UServe office, room 123 during lunch, seminar and after school.
*Do not miss your chance to order a senior shout for the senior issue of the U-Times. The cost is $10 and includes a picture and a message. See Ms. Williams in room L306.
*Herff Jones rep will return after the break with additional orders and again in April for cap and gown distribution. Please see Ms. Pritchard if you have any additional questions or concerns.
*Auditions for the Senior Assembly will be held on tomorrow, March 22nd, so please report to room 342 at 2:30 p.m. to finalize your audition applications before reporting to auditions. REMEMBER: NO COMPLETED APPLICATION=NO AUDITIONS!
*Attention all U-City Artists! The guidance Office needs your help with the artwork for our THIRD ANNUAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER BILLBOARD! This year’s theme is… The Sky’s The Limit! Please see Ms. Hogan for more details.
* Juniors and Seniors - Prom is April 28, 2018. In order to attend prom you must have 90% or better attendance. Students will not be allowed to attend prom if they miss school on April 27 – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have any questions, please Ms. Woodward in the Guidance office.
* All seniors, we are looking for your baby / toddler pics. Your pics will be displayed and other student will guess who it is. Please bring a paper copy to Mr. Amerson.
* If you are working on college applications, scholarship finding or raising your ACT score, come to the College Jam Sessions on Wednesdays after school in the Guidance Office. Please see Ms. Hogan or Ms.Gibson for details.
Any student interested in speaking with these schools, please see Ms. Hogan in the Guidance Office.
Student Volunteer Opportunities:
*Seniors, there are still some senior gear items left to purchase your tenure at UCHS is done! Select sizes of T-shirts, sweat pants and caps are available in the UServe office, room 123. See Ms. Pritchard for sizes and pricing.
*Click on the link Userve Opportunities for more information. To sign up for any of the activities above, please see Ms. Pritchard in the UServe office in room 123.
School Upcoming Events:
* DSW (Determine Strong Women) is sponsoring a Emotional Mental Health Seminar "Empowering YOU from Within" at the UCHS Library during seminar (10 - 11 am) on March 28, 2018. Refreshments will be served. If you are interested, please sign up by Friday, March 23 in the Guidance Office.
* Do you want one of a kind jewelry for prom or just for everyday use, Arey’s Creations is the website for you. We sell chokers, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Visit www.areys .online.
* In 2018, every Friday is Black and Gold at UCHS.
* The yearbook wants your selfies! Please send your selfie ASAP to Micah Leonard at email@example.com
*The weight room will be open after school 2:30 – 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday. You must have a physical on file. Contact Ms. Green if you have any questions.
* Below is a link to our basketball webstore through Johnny Mac's Sporting Goods. We will have other links forthcoming for our other winter sports (cheer, girls swim, wrestling, and dance); check our website for more information (https://www.ucityschools.org/Page/597). Link to webstore: https://universitycityboysbasketball.itemorder.com/sale?read_message=true. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of your items. Contact our rep, Tommy Self, with any questions. 314-966-6097 ext.1176.
School Assemblies: Friday, 3/30 there will be a PM Assembly Schedule and more information will be given later.
PBIS * The school store has changed to Wednesday. Don't forget to bring your Pride Bucks to lunch every Wednesday to spend them at the school store.
New website includes Peachjar electronic flier distribution. Click on the Peachjar button below.
Grace Deitzler, UCHS C/O 2013, is profiled in Missouri S&T Magazine for her research in women's health. She is a research scientist in the Washington University in St. Louis Lewis Lab of Microbial Glycobiology and Women’s Health. Deitzler wants to be a Ph.D. scientist and physician unlocking the secrets to treating infectious diseases. Click on the headline to read more.