Enrolling Your Child
Note: Elementary school offices are open for enrollment during the school days from 9 a.m. to Noon and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Parents wishing to enroll or re-enroll at the middle school or high school should call the registrar at the respective school to make an enrollment appointment.
Welcome to University City! All new kindergarteners, students moving into University City and students transitioning between schools should enroll at the school they will attend this coming school year.
Students entering a new school or entering kindergarten, third, sixth and ninth grades are required to submit full proof of residency (see below). At the elementary schools (grades K-5), please see the school secretary to enroll your child. At Brittany Woods (grades 6-8) and the High School (grades 9-12), see the registrar to enroll.
You may download and complete an enrollment form prior to visiting the school. The School District of University City will also host several enrollment dates throughout the spring for parents to enroll their children. During the summer, please call the school office for an enrollment appointment.
Parents should contact the school secretary regarding additional forms that may be required for enrollment at each site.
Documents Required at Enrollment
When enrolling your child, bring the following documentation with you:
- Child's original Birth Certificate (original, if not on file)
- Immunization Record (complete from infancy required by State; original, if not on file)
- Parent photo identification (driver's license or employment photo identification badge)
- Proof of Guardianship (if other than custodial parent)
- Updated University City Occupancy Permit (Contact University City City Hall at 314-505-8500 for more information.)
- PLUS, two of the following:
- Current unpaid utility bill (electric, gas, water, trash, sewer, phone, not cell phone)
- Voter registration card
- Current lease
- Property deed
- Real estate tax receipt (current year)
- Personal property tax receipt (current year)
- Receipt or payment stub from rent check (previous month)
- Paycheck stub identifying employee name and address (less than a month old)
Additional Requirements for Out-of-District Students
If the child you are enrolling previously attended a school outside of the School District of University City, the following documents or information will also be required.
- Last report card for children enrolling in kindergarten through eighth grade and unofficial transcript of children enrolling in ninth through twelfth grades
- Withdrawal form from previous school (if issued) *
- Discipline report * (Placement of report in a sealed envelope from previous school/district will expedite enrollment.)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Evaluation (if serviced by Special School District or out-of-area equivalent)
Free immunization clinics are held periodically. Check the District web calendar for dates and times.
Additionally, enrollment packets must contain a completed Student Enrollment Form, Safe Schools Affirmation, Residency Verification, ESOL Survey and other school-specific forms. Students are also expected to have information on file from previous schools such as, but not limited to, report cards or unofficial transcripts, screenings, evaluations, discipline reports, assessments, etc.
For nonresident students, tuition rates will be charged, which vary according to grade level and are subject to change.
- The School District of University City actively investigates and prosecutes cases of educational larceny. Do not enroll a child at an address that is not the child's legal residence.
- As of August 18, 2005, the School District of University City no longer requests, requires, stores or records Social Security numbers of students.
If you have any questions regarding enrollment procedures or you are uncertain as to which school is your neighborhood school, please contact the district Office of Student Services at 314-290-4045 or 8136 Groby Road, 63130.