Brittany Woods Middle School
8125 Groby Road | University City, MO 63130
314-290-4280 office | 314-997-1786 fax
Principal: Dr. Jamie Jordan | Secretary: Portia House & Marchell Washington
School day starts at 7:50 a.m. and ends at 2:50 p.m.
Early release time is 12:20 p.m.
Welcome to Brittany Woods Middle School in University City. We are committed to academic excellence for all students, and we strive to be a place Where Everyone Belongs. Academic offerings include core subject areas with regular and advanced courses, as well as electives for music, foreign language, art and industrial technology. Students learn not only in the classroom, but also through extracurricular activities like the Soaring Eagles robotics club, Young Ladies of Elegance and Gentleman’s Quarterly service organization and the WEB team. To learn more about the academic and extracurricular opportunities for students, click the links to the left.
Course Registration for Current & Incoming BW Students
Parents of incoming 6th graders were invited to Transition Night on Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012 at 7 p.m. in the BW gymnasium. They learned about academic offerings and how to register for courses at BW and were provided the following information:
- 6th Grade Course Selection (1-page PDF)
- 7th Grade Course Selection (1-page PDF)
- 8th Grade Course Selection (1-page PDF)
- 2013-2014 Course Description Book (13-page PDF)
- School Improvement Plan 2011-12
- Enrollment Information - Parents should contact the school secretary regarding additional forms that may be required for enrollment at this site.
- School Supply Lists for 2012-13: 6th Grade / 7th Grade / 8th Grade
- Middle School Bell Schedule (1-page PDF updated for 2011-12)
- Understanding Your Schedule - 6th Grade / 7th Grade / 8th Grade
- PLC Collaborative Team Report
- BW scheduling presentation, UPDATED for 2011-12
- Student survey on the Community Schools initiative.
- Bus Routes for 2012-13
- 6th Grade Orientation (Thurs., Aug. 16, 2012) invitation letter and agenda
- Band Instrument Rental Night informational flier - Sept. 4, 2012